Monday, October 1, 2012

Chapter 6: The One Who Does Not Belong

Cloverleaf woke up, startled.  He couldn't help remembering the awful dream he had just experienced.  When he went outside, he looked around for Boulderstar.  Seeing him, he hurried over.  "Boulderstar, I need to tell you something."  Boulderstar looked worried.  "I need to tell you something as well." he mewed.  "Come."  He padded into his den, Cloverleaf followed.  "Boulderstar paused.  "Why don't you go first?" Cloverleaf nodded. "I... I was sent a prophecy." he breathed.  Boulderstar's eyes widened.  "So was I. Do you know what it means?" he inquired.  Cloverleaf shook his head.  "Not all of it." he confessed. But I think I know who 'the one who does not belong' is."  Boulderstar looked confused. "That wasn't in my prophecy..." he mused.  Cloverleaf frowned.  "Oh." he replied, then he explained the prophecy he had received.  "Death will take the one who does not belong." he said, sounding grave.  He looked over at Locustpaw, who was sitting alone, eating a piece of prey.  Boulderstar followed his gaze.  "That's strange.  My prophecy said 'On the night of the red moon, Death will come'".   Cloverleaf frowned with sorrow.  "We can't oppose Starclan." he mewed.  "I just have one question: Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment